Sunday, April 19, 2015

Day 3 - The owner of my apartment in a architect and so delightful.  Also a yoga instructor and OM fan.  How perfect is that!

Warning.  Do not BLOG on an empty stomach.  More pasta, please.

Sunday Morning - When to church at the Duomo - the little church- see below.  The entire mass was in a Gregorian chant.  There are almost no words for the impact I felt. So maybe a moment of gratitude says it best.

Just finished unpacking. Just can't bring myself to stay inside when so much awaits me in Florence.   This is my blogging view. When I look up, I see this and then the streets of Florence begin calling my name. Yes, I can actually here my name and then the bells ring:-)
And that reminds me to stop and then go!

Let's have some fun.  Today I bought something and if you want to guess what it is-just email your guess to bellatuscanynow@gmail.com. If you guess correctly, I will bring you something back from Florence.  I would say olive oil but it might get confiscated. We can negotiate this!

A few photos.  It's Sunday so they are church oriented.  

I believe that it is important to keep your life expanding to prevent it from closing in on you. Even more so when you get older. And by older, I am talking about 60+. Resisting the temptation to narrow community. Arriving in a city such as Florence that I dearly love does that for me. Really, it's a lot to handle by oneself but that is part of why I am doing it.

 Water fountain in church
 Ceiling in church
 Small church for today's service.








 Inside chapel

I always look for a bit more courage from Florence.  There is a lot going on here. You have to pay attention on many levels.  Right now, the apartment that I am staying in does provide a TV but it is all Italian.  Forces me to read, think, walk, and write. I did bring along one book on my trip, other than the books about Tuscany and Florence.  The title is Finding Inner Courage by Mark Nepo, author of The Book of Awakening which I love.

As some of you know, my diet for the last two years has been whole foods and nothing with eyes or a mother.  Lots of vegetables and beans.  Well,
things have changed a bit.  More on that in another blog.

Ciao for now. 

Bloggers note: I am not trying to write with perfection or profoundness.
Maybe a few insights will stray your way.  To be honest, it's mostly for me but hopefully you will enjoy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment